Hotly anticipated Expo 2020 Dubai is coming to the UAE’s most glamorous playground in October. As the first Expo to be held in the Middle East, Dubai’s own futuristic skyscrapers, ultra-luxe hotels, and Michelin-starred restaurants will enjoy their own shining moment on the international stage.
We checked in with Heather Howard at Luxury Escapes to give us the lowdown on what to expect from the Expo, and where to eat, drink, and stay while you’re in Dubai.
What to Expect at Expo 2020 Dubai
- ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’ is the theme of Expo 2020 Dubai, providing 192 countries a platform to collaborate and showcase innovation.
- Around 25 million people are expected to attend the Expo, which runs from October 20, 2020 until April 10, 2021. That’s 173 days of non-stop action.
- Food! Savor global cuisine at over 200 restaurants and enjoy dishes created by world-famous chefs.
- The world in one place. Glimpse the future in 192 country pavilions and be wowed by iconic designs. The UAE Pavilion is designed in the shape of a falcon in flight.
- Sixty daily live shows featuring music stars, comedy greats, dance acts, and much more. For the younger visitors, there’s even a make-your-own-robot workshop.
Where to Eat & Drink
Beyond the 200 restaurants at the Expo, there’s a bounty of top restaurants in Dubai. Our selection includes:
- Al Mahara: Head to the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah for spectacular seafood dishes in an intimate setting. The underwater feel is created by the huge wall-to-ceiling aquarium.
- At.Mosphere: Ascend to the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa for high tea at the top of the tallest building. This experience is a timeless classic.
- Hell’s Kitchen Dubai: Savor signature British dishes and show-stopping theater courtesy of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay at Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah: Discover a vast array of dining possibilities at Madinat Jumeirah, styled as a traditional souk with waterways. It’s perfect for an evening stroll.
- COYA Dubai: Come for the signature cocktails and stay for the exquisite Peruvian cuisine at this top-rated restaurant in the heart of Dubai.
Where to Stay:
Dubai is not short of luxury hotels to choose from, but here are some that we recommend:
- Jumeirah Burj Al Arab: Be wowed by iconic grandeur at the sail-shaped Burj Al Arab. Acclaimed as the “the most luxurious hotel in the world,” this five-star hotel has two-story suites and show-stopping scenery.
- Caesars Palace Bluewaters: The first Caesars Palace outside Las Vegas, this resort brings Vegas-style glamour to the shores of Dubai and offers easy access to the Expo 2020 site.
- Atlantis, The Palm: Nestled on Dubai’s famous man-made island, the Atlantis is an ultra-luxurious resort with 23 restaurants and bars, a lavish spa, and even a waterpark!
- Grand Hyatt Dubai: Towering over Dubai Creek, the five-star Grand Hyatt is within easy reach of the traditional gold and spice souks that line the water’s edge.
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray: This palatial hotel, also located on The Palm, offers world-class facilities and Ottoman-inspired elegance.
Travelling to Dubai? Check out exclusive deals from Luxury Escapes: https://luxuryescapes.com/us/hotels?locations=Dubai